30+ years, 15+ years in exec positions at multi-billion-dollar technology providers and last 17 years in early stage and scale-up businesses.
Board & CEO Advisory, CEO & Senior Executive Leadership, Operational Turnaround, Tech Strategy, Venture Capital Consulting, Leading Transactions, and Operations: M&A, Capital Raising, and Restructuring.
As an advisor, operator, and investor, Steven has deep experience in Software (SaaS, Human Capital Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Marketing Automation, Big Data & Analytics, Customer Relationship Management), Cloud and Systems Infrastructure, Tech Services, Mobile, Digital Media, and Financial Services.
Steven is a visionary, performance-driven strategist with over 30 years of executive leadership and venture capital consulting experience across software and technology-enabled service organizations. As a high-energy, hands-on leader with exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills, Steven has a strong record of accomplishment of building and inspiring high-performance teams to solve complex organizational challenges. His strength spans high growth environments and turnaround situations ranging from early stage, venture-backed software startups through Fortune 100 companies.
Steven has served in CEO, senior executive, and Board capacities in a wide range of technology businesses. Drawing upon deep foundational operational experience, his strategic leadership in sales, marketing, business and corporate development, product development/management, and alliance functions has consistently driven financial results, optimizing value. He is skilled in buy/sell side transactions, working closely with financial sponsors and bankers.
- Tech Data: VP Client Services – Spearheaded 3-year, $6B outsourcing deal with GE Capital for international logistics, supply chain, and business services.
- Q-Link: CEO – Structured and negotiated a deal with Adobe, Inc. to acquire Qlink, the pioneer in Business Process Management Software.
- Rules Power: President & CEO – Led successful turnaround of RulesPower, Inc., Business Rules Management software company. Sold to Fair Isaac Corp (FICO).
- Vericom: Chairman – Strategic restructuring and software acquisition. Led to a private sale, followed by an acquisition by a public company.
- Astadia: CEO and Chairman – Realigned and drove 100% revenue increase with a new profitable model. Successful trade sale to a Private Equity firm.
- Tribridge: President – Drove 100% year-over-year revenue and profitability increase as the strategic sell-side advisor.
- Racemi: CEO and Chairman – Strategic restructuring and turnaround. Acquired by DXC Technologies.
- Hofstra: MBA, BBA – Finance, Banking, and Investments.