35 years, 25+ years as a senior business and technology executive with multi-billion dollar consulting, retail, and high tech companies. VP, EVP and CIO level responsibilities for technology-related product development, integration, and implementation. National and global leadership of marketing, sales, and services organizations for technology-enabled business solutions. Professional experience working with a wide range of companies from start-ups to Fortune 100.
As an executive with several of the most respected technology companies in the world, Rob has worked primarily with companies in the software, hardware, retail, consumer packaged goods, and healthcare industries. Rob’s expertise is in applying deep knowledge of industry processes and pain points to create and apply technology-enabled solutions to drive improved productivity and profitability for companies. Rob’s core areas of expertise include: IT strategy, product and go-to-market strategy, supply chain management, e-commerce and digital marketplaces, omnichannel business operations, M&A integration, organization change management, ERP and best of breed software (design, build & implement), IT and business process outsourcing, crafting strategic alliances between technology companies, and building & managing high performance sales and services organizations.
The foundation of Rob’s experience and the perspective he brings stems from his work in having led five large-scale enterprise transformations for different companies from initial strategy through successful execution. All of these transformations were driven by technology-enabled solutions that re-engineered and optimized business processes for improved performance for the companies. Through these experiences, Rob has developed a keen sense of the required integration of people, processes, and technology required to achieve transformational results for industries, companies, functional teams, and customers.
In addition to his executive roles in consulting, retail and high tech firms, Rob has worked with over 75 different companies in his role as a consulting executive. This allows him to bring a broad perspective to his clients of different business, organizational, technical and operational models employed in these companies.
Rob also brings first-hand experience in virtually every different role and function in the lifecycle of a technology-enabled solution. Those roles and functions include: solution developer as an executive at software/technology companies; solution advisor as an independent consultant; solution marketing and sales as a national and global solution sales leader; solution buyer as an industry CIO; and as a solution implementer as both a CIO and as a practice leader at a large Systems Integrator.
Rob is an innovative problem solver whose results-oriented focus lead him to quickly translate strategy and innovation into realistic and implementable action plans for solutions. Rob is hands-on and collaborative in his approach to working with teams. He has experience in managing large P&L’s measured in hundreds of millions of dollars and in working with companies on the financing of large technology-enabled programs.
- Accenture (Andersen Consulting): Associate Partner – Led the strategy, design & development of a custom retail ERP system thereby creating the firm’s largest and most profitable retail client. One of the firm’s leading experts in retail technology. Multiple retail, consumer packaged goods and healthcare client engagements.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: VP of Business Systems & Acting CIO – Replaced the entire business applications infrastructure and business processes of the company using commercial, proprietary, and custom developed software dramatically improving operational efficiency, competitiveness and customer service for the company.
- IBM: Vice President & Managing Director – Built and led IBM’s U.S. Retail consulting practice; IBM Global Retail Solutions leader responsible for IBM’s retail solutions strategy, sales, and strategic alliances with other software companies including SAP and Oracle. Led several of IBM’s largest and most profitable accounts including multiple large-scale enterprise transformations. Managed P&Ls of over $250 Million for software, hardware, and services businesses. Sold and managed large IT and business outsourcing engagements include one valued at over $600 million.
- eBay Enterprise (GSI Commerce): Executive Vice President – Global responsibility for Sales and Services of the firm’s e-commerce solution portfolio.
- The State University of New York at Albany: BS – Business Administration & Management Information System