Professional Experience 20+ years, 15+ years in strategic leadership positions spanning multi-billion dollar industries, 5+ years C-level consulting, entrepreneurship and startups, capital raising, digital analytics, marketing, and product development.
A software developer by training, Noel is keenly aware that strategy, The 4 P’s of marketing, and product development are the pillars that bringing synchronistic qualities of transformational leadership to the fore wherever he has worked. Industry experience includes tech startups, retail, news & media, manufacturing, agency, and higher education. Noel is also an active board member of the Chicago Small Business Advocacy Council.
Noel is a dynamic thinker with a remarkable gift for pattern recognition and deep emotional intelligence. His early career was defined by a series of collaborations with e-commerce startups in Chicago and Silicon Valley, of both strategic and technical variables and tempered by 10+ years in the corporate world. One gets the sense from Noel that accomplishing the near-impossible is his forte.
The hat of strategist in the digital space suites Noel best. He has provided technical, marketing, strategy, and leadership seamlessly moving between industries from manufacturing to media. While categorization might be futile, pulling themes from the patterns is fruitful for getting to know who Noel is as a leader. Those who have had the opportunity to work with him get an incredibly well-rounded level of professionalism with competency across software, sales and marketing.
- AdAuction: CTO- Digital media platform- raised $130M
- Reel.com: Strategists – e-commerce startup that sold for $140M
- Digibyte: Advisor- Technology company developing lossless compression resulted in a successful exit
- Vosges Haut Chocolate: Head of Technology & Marketing – Led rebrand initiative and ERP implementation
- Follett Higher Education: Director E-commerce – identified and oversaw the construction of their website that became one of the top 75 grossing e-commerce sites in the world- taking it from $3M to $350M in 5 years. Led strategic initiative to develop a B2C brand, platform and price model to better market against and compete with aggressive new competitors in their space including Amazon and eBay
- American Press Institute: Director of Digital Transformation – Strategic adviser to news media companies at the C-level ranging from the Washington Post and USA Today (Gannet) to Tribune Broadcasting to Scripps Media
- Rise Interactive: VP Development – Built a team of creatives and engineers developing digital experiences for brands like Butterball (CPG), Lumico (Insurance), Athletico, and Cardinal Health. The fastest-growing division in the company for 3 years in a row.
- DePaul: BS Computer Science