35+ years in Technology focused Professional Services serving clients from start-ups to Fortune 50. Led strategy consulting engagements for two of the top tier consulting firms before founding and leading a $6M+, highly respected boutique retained executive recruiting firm.
Sold and led consulting and recruiting engagements for companies focused on Information Technology Products and Services, Intellectual Property, Financial Services, and FinTech, Transformation, Outsourcing, BPO, Software (ERP, SaaS, and Open Source), Media and Entertainment, eCommerce, CPG, IoT, Social Media, Travel and Transportation, and Distribution. Functional engagements encompassed all “C-Suite” positions, Sales, CIOs, CTOs, Consulting Partners, Product Development, Division Presidents, User Experience/Design, Supply Chain, Customer Success, Chief Revenue Officers, and Human Resources.
John has uniquely diverse experience covering numerous industries and client work for companies ranging from start-ups to those with revenues over $100B. He has excelled in establishing immediate credibility across many industries and from Boardrooms to every operational area in an organization. He has sold and completed more than 400 senior-level executive searches. He is continually sought out for executive coaching and succession planning advice and counsel. John founded a highly successful professional services firm serving clients in North America, as well as Europe. He has also been active serving non-profits both in the recruitment of Presidents/Executive Directors, as well as serving on Boards and Executive Committees.
- Founded and led, for 25 years, a $6M+ Professional Services and Recruiting Firm. Opened and managed new offices in Washington, DC, and Dallas for a Top Four Executive Search Firm.
- Led CEO searches for a range of companies that included multiple Intellectual Property Consortiums.
- Led the reorganization of the Information Technology organization for a major CPG company that included recruiting the Corporate CIO and five Division CIO’s.
- Was the primary recruiting firm for assisting IBM in building its Consulting Business Unit. Recruited CIOs and direct reports for over 30 companies.
- Recruited the management teams for start-ups focused on Wireless, Health and Wellness, Intellectual Property Services, Video, Retail Analytics, IoT, and Digital Media. Led CEO succession planning engagements for companies in Technology Services, Software, Intellectual Property, Financial Services, Industrial Products, and Non-Profits. Selected to lead President searches for a Major League Baseball team, a start-up founded by a famous Hollywood family, the JFK Museum, and the Blu-Ray Licensing Entity. Led the marketing and development of a major multi-client study focused on future electronic payment systems for fifteen financial institutions and twelve technology companies.