30+ years, 15+ years as a senior executive with IBM Global Services in technology consulting, strategy, branding and technical services. 15+ years as an entrepreneurial executive leader, igniting growth, revenue, and profitability in a broad range of international public and private companies and entrepreneurial ventures by rallying teams behind a common vision, mission, and strategy to generate extraordinary results. Led businesses ranging from new startups to $2.5B revenue and workforce of 15,000.
Strategy Formation and Strategy Execution, Turnarounds, Technology Consulting Firms, Leadership and Workforce Development, Organizational and Change Management, Negotiations, Facilitation and Business Development.
As a CXO, advisor, operator, and investor, Dwayne has deep experience in Travel, Hospitality, Retail, Consumer Products, Banking, Government, Technology Consulting Firms, Financial Services and other Professional Services.
- Interim COO driving acquisition, business plan, operations, and launch of retail TV network. Supplied CMO, Chief Legal Counsel, CIO, HR functions. Transitioned assets and 140 staff, transferred licenses and carrier agreements, initiated bank/merchant relationships, located real estate, and designed/built broadcasting studio in 2 months.
- Interim COO at $25M IT service provider (government sector) to plan and execute a long-term growth strategy. Maintained revenue and profit growth at >20% YTY while converting company to Software as a Service (SaaS) provider. New strategy on track to provide 40%+ profitability and penetrate new markets.
- Interim CEO/Advisory Board Member at $200M merchant bank/investor in software/technology companies. Created marketplaces connecting B2B buyers & suppliers. Conceived, developed, and sold sales center of excellence business. Evaluated M&A, JV, partnership business growth opportunities.
- Led business process re-engineering project for state agency focused on bringing fresh produce to school lunch programs. Using best practices and IT, reduced process steps by over 50%.
- Founding Partner, global management outsourcing advisory, focused on strategic sourcing, technology optimization, and business globalization. Created new verticals in travel/transportation, media/entertainment. Merged 2 companies, then sold the combined organization to a third.
- Transformed IBM’s $2B+ Application Management Services business from negative to >14% positive margin.
- EVP at publicly-traded $20B transaction based software services provider. Established a presence in the US and breathed new life into the Americas distribution business. Closed $500M long-term contract with major Airlines – huge win from the 46-year incumbent. Increased revenue in Central and South America by winning 3 IT outsource accounts, valued at $200M+ and growing the existing business by more than 400%.
Credentials and Affiliation
• Board of Advisors, Sussii Travel, Melbourne, Australia
- Board of Advisors, Freight Match, Miami, FL
- Board of Advisors, IT Capital, LLC, Naples, FL
- Ambassador, Able Trust, Florida Endowment Foundation for Vocational Rehabilitation
- Board of Directors, National Cyber Partnership
- Board Chairman, CareerSource Florida (privatized workforce system)
- Board of Directors, Florida Council of 100 (top 100 business executives in Florida)
- Board of Directors, Enterprise Florida (privatized economic development agency for FL)
- Senior State Executive, Florida and Puerto Rico for IBM
- Allied Leadership Council, Global Business Travel Association
- Board of Directors, IBM Transport and Logistics (formerly Maersk Data, USA)
- Board of Directors, Amadeus Revenue Integrity (a subsidiary of Amadeus IT Group)
- Board of Trustees and Research Chairman, Florida Chamber Foundation
- Board of Governors, Florida Chamber of Commerce
- B.S. in Business Management/Communications—David Lipscomb University, Nashville, TN
- Advanced Banking Institute, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- IBM Certified Negotiator and Facilitator
- IBM Certified Management Consultant
- IBM President’s Class, Harvard Business School